Sunday 30 March 2008

Sign of the times

Should I be worried when the question of the day is "How do you kill someone?" ?

Hmmmm, tricky one that.

Mr H decided to look at the practical aspects ("Well you could shoot someone, or use a knife.") I took the moral ground and refused to answer on the grounds that it was very wrong to kill someone (and if anyone does the police man comes straight away and takes them away for a long long time. It didn't wash, but I felt better for doing it)

I recently read "We need to talk about Kevin" by Lionel Shriver, which was a thoroughly uncomfortable read as a parent, and does rest like undigested brain fodder on my mind from time to time.

I can't remember the follow up question, but it was something entirely disconnected to killing and the awkward moment was soon over.

No comments: